Al Yah Satellite Communications Company
Yahsat provides multipurpose satellite solutions (government and commercial) for broadband, broadcast, and communications use across the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Central and South West Asia. Yahsat is the first company in the Middle East and Africa to offer multi-purpose satellite services, including:
• YahClick – offers home solutions, business solutions and transportable solutions
• YahService – offers managed solutions and government capacity
• YahLink – offers IP trunking solutions, corporate networking capacity and backhauling capacity
Based in Abu Dhabi, Yahsat is wholly owned by Mubadala, the Abu Dhabi based investment and development company.
Yahsat’s vision is to be the global partner of choice for reliable, innovative and cost-effective satellite solutions. Be it for the individual home user, business, telecommunications company, government, or non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Yahsat’s mission is to deliver exceptional value to our customers, shareholder and partners by focusing on:
Quality – To be an industry center of excellence for our customers and partners by offering innovative, reliable and affordable satellite solutions
Human Capital – Empower our employees to succeed and become proud role models in their communities
Growth – Anticipate and fulfill the satellite communications needs of government, corporate and individual customers across regions
Reach – Drive global recognition of the Yahsat brand and its core values
Yahsat is also firmly committed to Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision, helping to diversify the UAE’s knowledge-based economy by providing the region with innovative satellite communications solutions that help grow the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector and create jobs across the region.
Today, 62% of Yahsat’s workforce is comprised of Emiratis, helping to contribute in achieving Abu Dhabi’s Vision 2030 plan, while remaining committed to the growth and development of local talent – a key part of the 2030 vision – enabling today’s youth to become the leaders of tomorrow.
• At present, Yahsat is powered by a workforce comprised of 62% UAE Nationals.
• Yahsat’s first satellite Al Yah 1 was successfully launched in April 2011, and the company’s second satellite Al Yah 2 was successfully launched in April 2012
• At present, Yahsat is focused on its YahClick broadband satellite service. YahClick covers 28 countries across the Middle East, Africa, South West and Central Asia, having been rolled out in 11 countries and achieving over 25,000 terminals since launch. Service roll out was completed in 2014 in partnership with 30 in-market Service Partners.
• Yahsat provides secure satellite communications to the UAE Armed Forces via an integrated satellite communications network and control center.
• Yahsat satellites, Al Yah 1 and Al Yah 2, cover over 140 countries
For more information about Mubadala or Yahsat, please visit: www.mubadala.ae or follow Yahsat and YahClick on social media.