- UAE companies achieve regional first with In-Flight Connectivity test of 50 Mbps
- Yahsat Awards Winners At Gitex Student Lab Competition 2017
- Graduation Ceremony for the GCC’s First MSC Program In Space Systems and Technology Held in Abu Dhabi
- Yahsat Space Laboratory Launched at Masdar Institute Campus
- Yahsat and UAE Mission to the UN in Geneva Host Humanitarian Aid Forum
- Yahsat Enters Long-term Partnership with X SAT FZE at CABSAT 2017
- Yahsat Honours YahClick Service Partners at Annual Awards
- Yahsat Enhances Services on Y1B Satellite with Hughes Jupiter System
- Yahsat Signs New Service Partnership with Teknomobil
- Yahsat Ignites Discussions on Collaboration in the Space Industry
- October 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
Yahsat Broadband Service YahClick Strengthens Position in Key Markets
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 03 March 2015: Al Yah Satellite Communications Company PrJSC (Yahsat) today announced that its satellite broadband service, YahClick, active customer base has recorded significant growth of more than 42% during 2014.
To date, YahClick has acquired almost 34,000 subscribers for its satellite broadband service. The service has so far been rolled out across 12 countries out of its 28-country footprint, seven of which are in sub-Saharan Africa. The service has over 30,000 terminals on the ground providing essential connectivity to SMEs, SOHO, healthcare and education providers, entrepreneurs, high net worth individuals, remote VIP sites, O&G, NGOs, and connectivity deprived populations in disaster zones.
Yahsat gathered its YahClick service partners from across the Middle East, Africa, Central and South West Asia in Abu Dhabi for a two day forum to present the remarkable performance delivered over the course of 2014 and to map out the next phase of growth.
The forum, held last week in Abu Dhabi under the theme ‘Stronger Together’, offered a unique platform for service partners to exchange knowledge and expertise on central issues, discuss opportunities in key markets and plan initiatives that will lead the way in best practice, ultimately building an industry centre of excellence for customers and partners.
Masood M. Sharif Mahmood, CEO, Yahsat said: “Yahsat continues to invest in YahClick and its commercial business. To date, the company has spent well over USD 400 million in Capex and Opex and has taken on Al Yah 3, a program with an additional investment of around USD 400 million, demonstrating commitment to and confidence in our business goals. In line with our aggressive roadmap for success, we are fully committed in executing the right strategies to ensure we both reap the maximum rewards from these investments.”
David Murphy, CCO, Yahsat said in his keynote speech: “Last year was a decisive year for the company on multiple fronts and we successfully managed to expand our business to continue our leading position in satellite broadband, becoming the number one service provider in Africa. This is quite an achievement given that we only started two and a half years ago, operating in complex market conditions against more established competition from both satellite and terrestrial services.
“As 2015 gets underway, we enter our next phase of growth designing new products and expanding in new markets. Our aim is to be a global partner of choice for reliable, innovative and affordable satellite solutions, to drive social and economic growth across continents for both home, business customers and Governments. This can only be done through strong, long term partnerships with our service providers.”
The CEO confirmed that Yahsat’s third satellite Al Yah 3 is on track for launch in the fourth quarter of 2016. Al Yah 3, built by Orbital Sciences Corporation and operating solely in the Ka-band, will provide broadband internet services at affordable prices to nearly 600 million users in Brazil and Africa. It offers a design life of 15 years.
On the first day of the conference, Yahsat held an awards ceremony to recognise and reward Service Partners who exhibited outstanding performance in a variety of service aspects last year.
All submissions received by the services partners were reviewed by an evaluation committee consisting of members from various Yahsat departments involved with the YahClick service.
• Service Partner of the Year – IEC Telecom from the UAE
• YahClick Innovation Award – Supernet from Pakistan
• YahClick Marketing Excellence Award – Delta Communications from Iraq
• YahClick Operational Excellence Award – Sistec from Angola and Neda Telecommunications from Afghanistan
• YahClick Subscriber Growth Award – Coollink from Nigeria.
• YahClick Subscriber Retention Award –VOX Telecom from South Africa