- Yahsat Signs New Service Partnership with Teknomobil
- Yahsat’s vision for region-wide satellite connectivity furthered by signing of Eutelsat multi-year capacity agreement
- YAHSAT APPOINTS FARHAD KHAN AS CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER
- YAHSAT APPOINTS MONA AL MUHAIRI AS CHIEF HUMAN CAPITAL OFFICER
- PANASONIC AVIONICS AND YAHSAT ANNOUNCE LANDMARK CONNECTIVTY SERVICES AGREEMENT AIMED AT THE MIDDLE EAST MOBILITY MARKET
- YAHSAT AND TELE10 ENTER MoU TO DISCUSS OPPORTUNITIES FOR YAHCLICK IN RWANDA, BURUNDI and EAST DRC
- YAHSAT AWARDED RIGHTS TO OPERATE AS BRAZILIAN OPERATOR
- YAHSAT HONOURS YAHCLICK SERVICE PARTNERS AHEAD OF GEOGRAPHIC EXPANSION
- YAHSAT AND TIM EXPLORING SATELLITE KA-BAND COLLABORATION IN BRAZIL
- YAHSAT’S AFRICA EXPANSION ON TRACK AS NEW PARTNERSHIP ANNOUNCED
- November 2016
- October 2016
- August 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- October 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
Yahsat Awarded SATCOM "Satellite Operator of the Year" for 2014
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 28 May 2014 – Yahsat, the Middle East’s leading satellite service provider, took home the highly coveted SatCom Star Award for “Satellite Operator of the Year” on their first submission for the award. Yahsat had won the “Most Innovative Product/Service for Africa” for two consecutive years in 2012 and 2013. Since 2012, Yahsat has provided connectivity to residents in unserved and underserviced areas across 28 countries using the company’s flagship product, YahClick.
Commenting on the award, Masood M. Sharif Mahmood, Chief Executive Officer of Yahsat, said: “Yahsat has seen impressive growth since launching just two years ago, winning back-to-back SatCom awards for most innovative product, and rounding this up with this year’s satellite operator of the year award.
“Our role at Yahsat is to be a responsible company that drives social and economic growth by providing users with access to services that they can genuinely benefit from. The ability to connect to the unconnected parts of the world is the real benefit of our services.”
To date, the YahClick service has been rolled out in 12 countries, namely Angola, South Africa, Tanzania, Afghanistan, Yemen, South Sudan, Iraq, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Turkey and UAE with over 30,000 terminals shipped in its first year of operation. YahClick is set to be fully operational in its coverage area throughout the Middle East, Africa, Central and South West Asia by 2014.
“Just this month, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) predicted a 5.5 percent economic growth for Africa in 2014. This growth, however, can only be achieved if the continent improves infrastructure, create jobs, and funds the agri-business revolution. With YahClick, we are providing unrivalled connectivity in countries such as South Africa, Kenya, Angola and Tanzania in their efforts to join the 21st century global economy,” added Mahmood.
The SatCom Star Awards were launched in 2007 to identify and recognise outstanding new contributions to the field of satellite communications in Africa. The awards are designed to celebrate the continued growth and success of the satellite marketplace and focus on the exceptional and innovative performers within the industry.
The awards are judged by an independent board of advisers comprising of industry professionals. Winners are selected according to strict criteria, with award recipients reflecting the strong foundation and potential for the satellite industry in serving and developing the African continent.